What you can visit starting from here
From the B & B EL MANGO are preferred the trips to visit by car.
- Florence (about 30 ‘),
- Lucca (ca.15 ‘),
- Pisa (ca.40 ‘),
- and continuing from Pisa with ca.2 h you reach Siena
- or you can reach the green Garfagnana (ca.15 ‘from Lucca),
- followed by Lunigiana (about 30 ‘from Lucca),
- Viareggio from the B & B is approx. 25 ‘,
- the Versilia (about 30 ‘),
- Forte dei Marmi (ca.40 ‘)
- and Massa Carrara (50 ‘),
- La Spezia (ca.70 ‘) where you can visit the nearby and beautiful 5 Terre.
- Livorno (ca.35 ‘),
- Donoratico (ca.h.1,15),
- Follonica (ca.h, 1.20)
- Castagneto Carducci (ca h.1,20),
- Castiglione della Pescaia and Grosseto (about h.2).
- I recommend also visiting Volterra (ca.2) the alabaster city where you can watch its work.
- From the Santa Maria Novella train station of Florence with fast trains you can reach the cities of ROME (about h.1,30),
- of Bologna (ca h.1),
- of Venice (about h.2),
- of Naples (about h.3).
From the port of Livorno and Piombino you can reach by sea:
- l’isola d’Elba,
- l’isola di Sicilia,
- l’isola di Sardegna
- e della Corsica.
At the request of the guest it is possible to have a car available with driver, even for small trips, for example to visit Collodi about 5 km from B & B, the village of Pinocchio, the wooden puppet created by the imagination of the writer Carlo Lorenzini, where the visitor is fascinated by the view of the garden of Villa Garzoni with its lemons and its colorful butterflies and the Pinocchio Park (especially recommended for children).
Montecarlo, also a few km from B & B, is a medieval village that stands out for its hilltop location where stands in all its splendor “la Fortezza” and its cobbled streets with cobblestones (pavé), in the month of September is animated by the well-organized feast of flowers and wine.
From Altopascio to Pistoia you can see, also along the A11 motorway, a succession of nurseries where the owners compete with those who exhibit the most beautiful plants with original and artistic pruning.
To visit again near the B & B is Altopascio, the country of bread, the knights of the TAU located on the Via Francigena, in July, Altopascio lives a dip in the medieval past with the feast of the Patron Saint Jacopo.